Welcome to the Volusia 9.12 Project. We support limited government, individual freedom, and personal responsibility
. We believe in The Rule of Law, Not The Rule of Men.
Volusia 9.12 is a nonpartisan collection of independent citizens deeply concerned about the future of
our Free Republic. If you believe our local, county, state and federal government's have lost their way, you are not alone! Click here to learn more about us.
Our new website is under construction and near finished. Please check back soon. - Thank you
Volusia 9.12 Patriots Monthly Forum - Bring a friend, neighbor or family member -
Friday Jan. 25th , 7- 9 pm at Sica Hall in Holly Hill
RON DESANTIS, U.S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 6
& AUTHOR JIM MCCARTHY WILL BE GUEST SPEAKERS AT OUR PATRIOTS FORUM.
* Ron DeSantis, our newly elected U.S. Representative for District 6
will be giving us a legislative update.
* Jim McCarthy, author of the "Money Spiders" will also be speaking.
Jim is an educator, speaker, author, patriot and resident of Flagler Beach.
He is a retired dentist and retired military officer,
who has served our country with 5 active duty tours in Iraq.
He will be speaking about his book, "Money Spiders"
Look forward to seeing everyone there as we launch a new year with education and action!
News and more... Too much happens on a daily basis for us to filter and report the stories. Here are some of our favorite resources.
Let us know if you have a suggestion for a site at email@example.com
I HAVE A DREAM I have a dream that in a hundred years or so this country will be living under the
Constitution as it was intended and that this period of time will be viewed as the second "enlightenment" period in our history.
That this generation was responsible
for saving and reestablishing the realm of free men on earth. That each man really will be judged by the content of his character. That Marxist/Fascist ideas will be eradicated and
recognized for the barbarism and slavery that they are. That this generation will be thought of as the third or fourth "greatest generation" after the Revolutionary
patriots, the men that fought for states rights in the civil war and the men and boys that fought the second world war..... Just a dream......
Many of you may be new to the po
litical process.You have probably never considered yourself to be a community organiz er. But in the last couple of years, thousands of Americans have become true leaders in their
communities, organiz ing protests and town hall meetings, lobbying their state and federal legislators, and leading get-out- the-
vote efforts for limited-government candidates in elections. No one is born an expert organizer, but we can all learn from one another by sharing best practices and pitfalls to avoid.
In the next few pages you will learn the basics necessary to become an eff ective advocate for limited government. We will describe how to organize a protest, be effective in town
hall meetings, interact with the media, utilize online tools, hold events, raise money, recruit members to your group, and other essential information.
Contents 1 The Chapter Concept 183 2 Networking and Building Coalitions 188
3 How to Organize a Tea Party Protest 190 4 Traditional Media 193 5 Social Media 200 6 Lobbying Elected Officials 210 7 Recruiting 228 8 Retaining Activists 236
9 Fund- raising 240
Food for Thought: Rebecca O'Dell's Plan for Restoring Liberty:
* All states refuse all federal funding.
* All federal funding refused by the states is used to eliminate the federal deficit. * The states eliminate the federal income tax and not
replace it with any other type of federal tax, allowing Americans to once again fund communities, states, churches and the charities of their choice.
* The states repeal the 17th Amendment to restore the states' representation in Congress. * The states' representatives in Congress reduce the
federal government to its constitutional limits, i.e., those few, defined, enumerated powers delegated to it by the states in our Constitution. * Every state
enacts and enforces education laws that ensure that the principles of liberty are taught in all public schools.
An elective despotism was not the government we fought for; but
one in which the powers of government should be so divided and balanced among the several bodies of magistracy as that no one could transcend their legal limits without being
effectually checked and restrained by the others. - James Madison, Federalist No. 48
This balance between the National and State governments ought to be dwelt on with
peculiar attention, as it is of the utmost importance. It forms a double security to the people. If one encroaches on their rights they will find a powerful protection in the other.
Indeed, they will both be prevented from overpassing their constitutional limits by a certain rivalship, which will ever subsist between them. - Alexander Hamilton.
ambitious encroachments of the federal government, on the authority of the State governments, would not excite the opposition of a single State, or of a few States only. They would be
signals of general alarm... But what degree of madness could ever drive the federal government to such an extremity? - James Madison.
"Most people prefer to believe that their leaders are just and fair,
even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which he lives is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it.
To take action in the face of corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one's self-image of standing for
principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not
to think at all."
In God We Trust Sign Challenge by local Daytona Beach couple.
As we see God being taken out of public and government
buildings, public schools, possibly even our currency, etc. – we feel it's up to citizens and business owners to put God back in our country. The goal would be to see signs all across
the USA with IN GOD WE TRUST!
STAND with us and don't be ashamed. We challenge business owners to post the same message on their signs that we have on our motel sign "IN
GOD WE TRUST"
A democracy is always temporary in nature;
it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.
The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the
* From bondage to spiritual faith;
* From spiritual faith to great courage; * From courage to liberty;
* From liberty to abundance; * From abundance to complacency;
* From complacency to apathy; * From apathy to dependence;
* This is where we are. Will we stop?
* From dependence back into bondage.
Alexander Fraser Tytler
In 1916, a minister and outspoken advocate for liberty, William J. H. Boetcker, published a pamphlet entitled
The Ten Cannots, which fittingly contrasts the competing political and economic factions today:
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your
income. You cannot establish security on borrowed money. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do for themselves.
In 1824, Jefferson concluded,
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." What would he say today?
Many on the left today call
themselves "Progressive" not just because it's a nicer way of saying "Liberal" but also because they very much intend to revive the political principles of America's original
Progressives, from the Progressive Era of the 1880s through World War I. For example, Mrs. Clinton, when asked during a 2008 presidential debate if she was a "liberal," rejected
the label and instead claimed a connection to America's original Progressives from the turn of the 20th century. So why would leftist politicians, like Mrs. Clinton, purposely
identify themselves with this Progressive movement? ...
I am a black tea party patriot
faced with a serious problem concerning my 83-year-old father. Dad is an extraordinary man whose life epitomizes the greatness of America.
In the '50s, married with a wife and
three kids and employed as a laborer, Dad was among the first blacks to break the color barrier into the Baltimore Fire Dept. The white firefighters treated Dad like scum and boldly
displayed their displeasure with having an "n" in their firehouse. Dad was the young associate pastor of a storefront church. He treated his "haters" with love
and strove to be the best Christian and firefighter he could be. Dad won "Firefighter of the Year" two times and eventually the respect and admiration of his white fellow
firefighters. A white firefighter who once threatened to punch Dad in his "black nose" risked his life by going back into a burning building to save Dad. The two
firefighters became lifelong friends.
While married with a wife and five kids, working as a firefighter and an associate pastor, Dad attended college part-time until he
graduated. Dad later earned his doctorate degree, which led to him pastoring large churches and authoring a book. Dad also became Chaplain of the Baltimore Fire Dept. Dad's success
story is the result of his character, faith in Christ, and hard work. Dad earned every achievement; no liberal Democrat demanded lowered standards or entitlement programs for him.
Now, here is my problem I mentioned: Dad loves Barack Obama, a man whose philosophy goes against everything I thought my dad stood for. Despite my attempts to convince Dad
otherwise, based on my personal experiences attending over two hundred tea parties across America traveling on Tea Party Express, Dad persists in believing the rallies are racist. Dad
believes all criticism of Obama and his agenda is racist. It appears that no amount of truth will penetrate the wall of affection Dad has for the historic figure he never imagined
would exist in his lifetime.
Out of respect, I have not confronted Dad, my hero, regarding his irrational support for a president whose agenda so radically goes against his
Christian faith -- gay marriage, abortion, the murderous partial birth abortion, etc. I also thought, "Dad still bears emotional scars from the horrible racism he experienced in
his youth. So perhaps I should be a good son, give the old man a pass, and let him enjoy his black president."
But witnessing the growing tyranny of the Obama regime and
his American death march to socialism, I have come to realize it is my patriotic duty to confront my father with the facts about Obama. The stakes are far too high to simply let the
old black man enjoy worshiping his first black president. No! America is at risk.
Though in his eighties, Dad is still sharp and pastors four churches. He is bright,
articulate, and most importantly come November, a voter with influence. Whether Dad chooses to accept them or not, I must inform him of the facts about Obama's agenda. Then, when Dad
goes behind the curtain of the voting booth, he will have to chose between pulling the lever for Godly principles or skin color.
Most of Dad's idolatry for president Obama is
centered around his skin color. Racism and idolatry are wrong, even when committed by my beloved Dad.
I have faith that still surviving deep within dad's "Obama
Zombie" brain is the wise, wonderful, righteous, and Christian man I have known all of my life.
Disapproving relatives have expressed fear for my safety, warning,
"Lloyd is foolishly putting his head on the chopping block!"
Think about that, folks. My black relatives fear I may suffer physical harm from fellow blacks for
daring to disagree with our black president. Meanwhile, whites are afraid to speak out against our black president for fear of being called racist. Dear Lord, what is going on in our
Patriot brothers and sisters, the bottom line is that while I am not advocating rudeness or bad behavior, it is time we stand up and be more confrontational for our
freedoms, liberty, and culture. Prayerfully ask God for wisdom regarding the proper timing and approach. But we must start confronting Obama-ites with the truth. We cannot allow
ourselves to be silenced for fear of being called racist and other threats.
Admittedly, this will be uncomfortable. But many before us have sacrificed all for America. America
is worth a little discomfort. My prayers, love, and support are with you. God bless.
Lloyd Marcus, proud unhyphenated American
40l(k)/IRA Nationalization Quietly Moves Forward
"The U.S. Treasury and Labor Departments will ask for public comment as soon as next week on ways to
promote the conversion of 401(k) savings and Individual Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment streams, according to Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis C. Borzi and
Deputy Assistant Treasury Secretary Mark Iwry, who are spearheading the effort."
They want to "get" people to invest their 401k's and IRA's into annuities, or likely into
U.S. T-Bonds, which are in the biggest overvalued bubble the world has ever seen.
They are doing this because they will have $2 Trillion Dollars in bonds to sell this year, and
foreign buying is drying up. China doesn't want them.... Do you?
Who's behind it?
The White House and a powerful network of Congressional activists, and The
highly-influential Ford and Rockefeller Foundations. They are engineering a new regulatory and tax-incentive. The purpose is to herd and ultimately force Americans to convert their
40l(k)s and IRAs into government-directed retirement accounts.
The 40l(k)/IRA de-privatization plan is the brain-child of Teresa Ghilarducci (Schwartz Center for Economic
Policy Analysis – SCEPA), who is funded by the Rockefeller Foundation.
The extreme tactics used to ram nationalized health care down the country's throat are a blueprint for
what could be the biggest asset grab in history.
This is exactly what took place in Argentina. Yes, Argentina was once a powerful nation; the 3rd wealthiest nation until the
Another reason as to why our government needs to nationalize retirement accounts...
Is reported by the New York Times, "This year, the system will pay
out more in benefits than it receives in payroll taxes, this important threshold was not expected to cross until at least 2016, according to the Congressional Budget Office." The
trickle of red ink will soon become a flood under the pressure of 78 million retiring Baby Boomers.... Less money going into the system!
Who will you need to Trust in the Handling of your money?
The March 9 edition of Business Week notes that new federal regulations designed to "promote the conversion of
401(k) savings and Individual Retirement Accounts into annuities or other steady payment streams" would help drive cash into government-controlled entities such as American
International Group (AIG), which was bailed out to the tune of $182.3 billion.
You Do Trust AIG.. right?
The Patriot's Guide: What You Can Do for Your Country Published on March 24, 2010 Factsheet #55
* Practice the Virtues of Self Governance: 1) Be a responsible citizen; 2) Care for your family;
3) Practice your faith and defend your religious liberty; 4) Join organizations and volunteer in your local community; 5) Start a business and invest in America.
* Voice Your Opinion: 1) Vote; 2) Write letters and comment online; 3) Contact your elected officials; 4) Call radio shows; 5) Participate in local town-hall
meetings, tea party activism and local assemblies
* Encourage Discussion: 1) Start a blog or Web site; 2) Challenge liberals with fact-based arguments; 3)
Encourage the media to represent conservative principles; 4) Encourage candidates and elected representatives to learn more about conservative ideas; 5) Get conservative editorials
and letters in your local newspaper; 6) Support teachers, educational programs, and schools that teach the truth about America and its principles.
price of freedomSpread the Word: 1) Talk to your family and friends; 2) Join social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter; 3) Bring issues you care about to your civic,
social, church, or business groups; 4) Celebrate America's heritage and distribute pocket Constitutions.
* Join the Conservative Movement: 1) Support think
tanks and institutions fighting for conservative principles and polices; 2) If you are a student, apply for an internship, such as the year-round program at The Heritage Foundation.
These programs are designed to foster young leaders and help them grow as part of the larger conservative movement.
Rediscover the Principles of Liberty
* We Still Hold These Truths: The future of liberty depends on reclaiming America's first principles. Read We Still Hold These Truths: Rediscovering Our Principles,
Reclaiming Our Future, a powerful overview of those principles—how they developed, what they mean, and the debate over their status today. Get a copy of the study guide that
accompanies the book, appropriate for self-study, as a teaching manual or as the basis for a discussion group.
* The Heritage Guide to the Constitution: Free
citizens must understand the extent of their rights and the constitutional limits on the powers of government. Get The Heritage Guide to the Constitution, an easy to understand
line-by-line examination of the Framers' Constitution and its contemporary meaning . * Reading the Right Books: Keep reading and learning! Reading the Right
Books is an annotated bibliography of thoughtful books (on history, politics, literature, economics, statesmanship, religion, public policy, and modern conservative thought)
recommended as a guide for intelligent, conservative-minded readers who want to prepare themselves for a public life of thought and action.
Follow the Important Issues of the Day
* Stay Informed: 1) Go to Thomas.gov and review pending legislation; 2) Track local issues with organizations such as
the American Legislative Exchange Council or the State Policy Network; 3) Follow several organizations on Facebook and Twitter so you can get all sides to every story.
* Find the Organization That Is Right For You: There are many conservative organizations out there. Decide what issues matter most to you, and then support the
appropriate institution. Check out www.policyexperts.org to help narrow your search.
* Go to Heritage.org: 1) Sign up for the Morning Bell at Foundry.org; 2)
The Foundry blog at Heritage promotes conservative policies and principles by marrying the best in public policy research with every day's current events; 3) Read and share our Fact
Sheets, which give overviews of the complex issues of our day; and 4) InsiderOnline.org maintains a searchable database of policy research, publications, and legal actions throughout
A "paraprosdokian" is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising
or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect.
* Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
* I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
* The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list.
* Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. * If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
* We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public. * War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.
* Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
* The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
* Evening news is where they begin with "Good evening," and then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
* To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
* A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.
* How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
* Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.
* I thought I wanted a career; turns out I just wanted pay checks.
* A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.
* Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR."
* I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
* Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
* Why do Americans choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?
* Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
* A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. * You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
* The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas! * Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.
* A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.
* Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.
* Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
* I discovered I scream the same way whether I'm about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
* Some cause happiness wherever they go. Others whenever they go.
* There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away. * I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
* When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water. * You're never too old to learn something stupid.
* Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. * A bus is a vehicle that runs twice as fast when you are after it as when you are in it.
* If you are supposed to learn from your mistakes, why do some people have more than one child?
* Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
We are friends of the Fair Tax proposal. The current tax code is about 70,000 pages and is a tool of the government to socially engineer our society through an excessive and
complex tax code that picks and chooses the winners and losers to their benefit. Please learn more about this important issue and the House bill HR25 that would implement this measure.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
- M. Gandhi
...They tried to ignore us when millions of patriots gathered around the country at Tea Parties. ...then they ridiculed
us as racists and phoney astroturf, teabag protesters. ...now they are fighting
us on all fronts including the state propaganda media, the teleprompter pulpit and all their hundreds of "community organized", Acorn type groups and million member unoins. ...
Liberty will prevail. Truth is on our side. Our rights were granted from our Creator, not
men...and men shall not take them away.
Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: 'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow
private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of
all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'