Volusia 912 is dedicating time to the Parent and Teacher Freedom in Education Empowerment Act. We will no longer hold our regular monthly meetings. We will announce updates with regards to the progress of this very important Amendment Initiative. We will, however, be holding special events.
It was said of Benjamin Franklin that he snatched the thunderbolt from the sky and the scepter from tyrants.
“Eripuit cœlo fulmen sceptrumque tyrannis”—Turgot.
The time has come for the idea to snatch power back from the government educating our kids.
We the People of the State of Florida want better K-12 public education for our children. A decline in student achievement in reading, writing, mathematics, science, and history is well documented. For the well-being of our children and society, an option is needed for a better system.
Unlock the Door to Better Education in Florida is a group of concerned parents and teachers dedicated to making the dream of placing K-12 education into their hands a reality by providing a better option.
We propose an amendment to the Florida Constitution that will:
- Secure the right of every parent to choose any school within the state for their child’s education and use state tax education money to do so.
- Give public school educators the option to teach at any school accepting state education funds and keep existing insurance and retirement benefits.
- Allow any employee at any school accepting state education funds the option to participate in state retirement and insurance benefit programs.
- Make it law that no mandates can be placed on non-government run schools accepting education dollars from this option.
- Promote a competitive environment that will make schools better.
The ballot summary will read as follows:
“This act secures the right of parents to choose the school for their child to attend while giving parents the option to direct state tax education funds to that school. It gives teachers the freedom to teach at non-government schools with the portability of their retirement and insurance benefits. This act forbids mandated curriculum at non-government schools and gives all K-12 schools in the state the option to participate.”
We ask that you pass this proposed amendment to every group, organization, and person you know. An army of volunteers is needed to get petitions signed and certified so we can give parents and teachers a better option for K-12 education.
For more information, contact:
Please also support us by purchasing from our Liberty Store, signing on to Ray’s Liberty Messages or Donating.